Welcome to your September astrology forecast. I invite you to use this information to help you plan the month ahead. If you want to get the most out of the information below, then grab your natal chart!
1st Quarter Square Moon: Sagittarius (13°) on September 5th.
Full Moon: Pisces (21°) on September 13th.
3rd Quarter Square Moon: Gemini (28°) on September 21st.
New Moon: Libra (5°) on September 28th.
▪ September 1 - Mercury in Virgo (5°) trine Uranus retrograde in Taurus (6°). Venus in Virgo (13°) trine Saturn retrograde in Capricorn (14°).
▪ September 2 - Sun in Virgo (9°) conjunct Mars in Virgo (9°). Venus in Virgo (14°) square Jupiter in Sagittarius (15°).
▪ September 3 - Mercury in Virgo (9°) conjunct Mars in Virgo (9°). Sun conjunct Mercury.
▪ September 4 - Venus in Virgo (16°) oppose Neptune retrograde in Pisces (17°).
▪ September 5 - FIRST QUARTER SQUARE MOON in Sagittarius (13°) at 8:10pm PT. Mercury in Virgo (13°) trine Saturn retrograde in Capricorn (14°).
▪ September 6 - Mercury in Virgo (14°) square Jupiter in Sagittarius (15°). Sun in Virgo (13°) trine Saturn retrograde in Capricorn (14°). Venus in Virgo (19°) trine Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (20°).
▪ September 7 - Mercury in Virgo (16°) oppose Neptune retrograde in Pisces (17°).
▪ September 8 - Sun in Virgo (15°) square Jupiter in Sagittarius (15°). Mercury in Virgo (19°) trine Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (20°). Mars in Virgo (13°) trine Saturn retrograde in Capricorn (14°).
▪ September 10 - Sun in Virgo (17°) oppose Neptune retrograde in Pisces (17°).
▪ September 12 - Mars in Virgo (15°) square Jupiter in Sagittarius (15°).
▪ September 13 - FULL MOON in Pisces (21°) at 9:33pm PT. Mercury in Virgo (27°) conjunct Venus in Virgo (27°). Sun in Virgo (19°) trine Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (20°). Mars in Virgo (16°) oppose Neptune retrograde in Pisces (17°).
▪ September 14 - Mercury moves into Libra. Venus moves into Libra.
▪ September 18 - Saturn goes direct.
▪ September 19 - Mars in Virgo (19°) trine Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (20°).
▪ September 21 - THIRD QUARTER SQUARE MOON in Gemini (28°) at 7:41pm PT. Jupiter in Sagittarius (16°) square Neptune retrograde in Pisces (17°).
▪ September 22 - Mercury in Libra (12°) square Saturn in Capricorn (13°).
▪ September 23 - AUTUMN EQUINOX. Sun moves into Libra.
▪ September 24 - Mercury in Libra (16°) sextile Jupiter in Sagittarius (17°).
▪ September 25 - Venus in Libra (12°) square Saturn in Capricorn (13°).
▪ September 26 - Mercury in Libra (19°) square Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (20°).
▪ September 28 - NEW MOON in Libra (12°) at 11:26am PT. Venus in Libra (16°) sextile Jupiter in Sagittarius (17°).
▪ September 30 - Venus in Libra (19°) square Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (20°).
1) Sun conjunct Mars - On September 2nd we see Mars conjunct the Sun in Virgo which will begin a brand new Mars cycle. The last cycle began in July 2017 when Mars was conjunct the Sun in Leo. I interpret that as a cycle of “Soul Gifts” - meaning the fiery ambition and drive of Mars was centering our attention on that which makes us unique, making that a priority, and forging ahead into new territory. There was amazing support from the Universe for the majority of that cycle because the North Node was also transiting through Leo. Now the cycle shifts into what I refer to as “Soul Mastery” - meaning taking what has been (re)discovered about your gifts, talents, and uniqueness and developing mastery over them (i.e. honing those gifts/talents into skills). It will require a lot more patience and personal fortitude--which is not necessarily easy for the warrior energy of Mars--but it’s the most important stage in going from apprentice to master, the warrior to King/Queen. This stage is the one of the Adept--a personal who has a good handle on things but most go through the fires of discipline to hone their craft in new, more “high stakes” ways in order to be a good steward of their gifts. What’s key here is drawing upon our own wisdom while also engaging more with wise “elders” (those further along the path albeit not necessarily older in age) who can shepherd you at different stages of the journey and/or collaborate more with other. The development of our social and strategic networks are going to make the difference in what we’ll have accomplished by the end of this new cycle in fall 2021 (“coincidentally” the North Node in Gemini will be present for half of the time which can give an added boost to encourage more networking). What have you discovered about your soul path over the past 2 years? Are you still seeking clarity about what you should be doing for work or what your purpose is, or do you know and are trying to figure out how to take that to the next level?
2) Full Moon in Pisces (13th) - This Full Moon is Pisces bringing us around to see the other side of things from 6 months ago when the Full Moon in Virgo happened on February 19th. What was going on in your life? At that time Mercury was sextiling Saturn and conjunct Neptune; Venus was sextiling Neptune before coming into a conjunction with Saturn and Pluto. Talk about an interesting dance of Mercury & Venus! [I recommend going back to the April astrology forecast HERE for the deep dive into what Mercury and Venus were bringing to our attention.]
With this Full Moon these two planets will come into conjunction with one another in order to discuss, review, and strategize around whatever area of life this is related to. The Pisces energy gives a beautiful opportunity to heal and to gently close off of this cycle. Allow whatever this has been to fade into the distance and walk forward softly. What has been healed for you?
3) Saturn goes direct - Saturn goes direct Sept 18th! Praise the heavens! The retrograde began on April 29th at 20 degrees Capricorn and it was covering the experiences and themes from mid-January up until that point. Moving forward we will go back through the middle of Saturn’s 2.5 year transit through the sign of Capricorn (ending summer 2020) and we’ll continue getting lots of practice around whatever area(s) of life this corresponds to in our natal chart, and with a lot less struggle! Whatever has been highlighted is foundational to your being--i.e. is instrumental in the development of your psyche and family patterns because of the South Node in Capricorn which relates to generational patterns and family contracts. Things will ease up considerably because now Saturn will be moving away from its 4 month conjunction with the South Node (YES that’s been happening this entire time too!). That which needed to be purged has now made way for even more new soul contracts to be made. Remain conscientious about how you’re choosing to show up now.You (continue) to have the power to make new patterns that will have far-reaching consequences.
4) Autumn equinox - The Autumn Equinox arrives on September 23rd as the Sun moves into the sign of Libra. This signals not only a time of equal day and night but also the transition of a decrease of daylight hours and an increase of nighttime hours. This marks the beginning of the spiritual new year to me and a 6-month period of prioritizing our relationship to the Spirit--and letting that lead the way. This is a step further than following the soul--the journey of the North Node through Cancer--and a step into a container where you open up to receive help and support from the heavenly realms. This is devotion. This is coming home. Enjoy this journey throughout Autumn and Winter as what come thru will be the fuel for you and your life in 2020!